1.The Cricket Club was founded on March 9, 1922, after a meeting held in the Institute under the chairmanship of Mr. H. E. Whaling.2.Officers elected at that first meeting were:-Patrons: Mr. W. E. Freeston and Mr. W. PerrottPresident: Mr. W. N. PerrottSecretary: Mr. Percy CroftsTreasurer: Mr. W. BrownCommittee: Mr. A. M. Bridges, Mr. S. Brown, Mr. A. E. Astbury, Mr. H. E. Whailing, Mr. K. Astbury Mr., R. Ware, Mr. F. Hickman, Mr. C. Brentnall, Mr. F. Vickers and Mr. W. Atkinson
3.The subscription was fixed at 5 shillings and each member had to pay his own expenses.4.In 1924 after playing their first few seasons on the football ground, which is the cricket pitch today, the Recreation Committee bought the field near the Vicarage Drive and Mr. Albert (Cag) Davies was appointed groundsman a position which earned him the princely sum of eight shillings a week. 5.The same year a Cricket Club Supper became an annual event.6.In 1928 the club lost some very good players when one of the areas largest employers the Lilleshall Company closed its New Yard Works.7.The fixtures in those early years included such clubs as Knighton, Lawley Bank, Blymhill, and Belvedere St Giles (Shrewsbury)8.Stalwart efforts by members kept club running during the 1939-45 war with the 9th Battalion R.A.O.C at Donnington giving valuable support during this period. 9.After the war the members resolved to make St Georges into one of the leading clubs in Shropshire. As part of this aim, a concrete practice wicket with a matting cover was laid allowing regular practice on an accurate wicket for the first time.